20071104

Appreciation for mastery

As I continue my education in fitness/strength & conditioning/personal training, etc... I have found new insight through other people's mastery of other careers/subjects and also a new-found appreciation for those at the top of their games in their respective fields. Music...a tie that binds many of us together and permeates many many aspects of our lives. I am a music afficianado and in my younger days spent A LOT of time behind a drumset playing anything and everything I could get my hands on and also jammin' with buddies in my basement pretending to be in front of 1000sThat being said I went to the AIC/VR concert about a month ago here in St. Paul. Here are a couple of clips...AIC reunited with new lead vocals and VR has put the former GNR/STP crew on the musical map. Both of these bands put on an amazing show and sounded fantastic live. Enjoy!

Velvet Revolver: Sucker Train Blues


Velvet Revolver: Vasoline (Covering STP and one of the greatest songs ever!)


Velvet Revolver: Mr. Brownstone (Covering GNR ...the energy was freakin' amazing for this one.)



Alice in Chains: Rooster

1 comment:

Mike T Nelson said...

Gotta love music! Great stuff
Rock on
Mike N