20070914

5.7 just a number?

On a scale of 1-10 5.7 is just over average. no.

5.7 mph. not quite.

5.7+ is the route that humbled my bag o' bones on a climbing wall today.

5.13+ is the highest in the gym.

The difference between the two? Kindergarten vs. a pro athlete. Climbing is going to be fun. I have been curious about it for a few years now and look forward to discovering new found strength and character in something so organic. Vertical Endeavors is a kick ass indoor climbing facility that boasts 18,000 sq ft of climbing wall and is one of the 3 largest indoor facilities in the USA. This is one of my new found homes and will deter me from being lazy watching TV.

Probably the greatest asset for me is that this is something that will challenge me beyond the physical and force me to map new problem solving capabilities in my brain due to different routes. I am looking forward to this new venture with a little-kid excitement approach.

Welcome to a whole new brand of beatdown! :)

1 comment:

Mike T Nelson said...

That is a killer climbing place! I have not been there for awhile, but top notch place.

I think everyone needs to get out of the gym and do other fun stuff too! Break out of the mold and nice work for trying climbing again!

I personally love kiteboarding, mtn biking, wakeboarding etc as I get to use my body in brand new ways and it is tons of fun!

Rock on
Mike N