20061116

Hard Work Spotlights Character...

I heard this wisdom of the day this morning on my way to martial arts.

Hard work spotlights character...

when faced with work or adversity people reveal themselves in 3 levels:
1 some turn up their sleeves
2 some turn up their noses
3 some don't turn up at all

Surround yourself with high caliber people. The type of people where you say 'there's just something about them, but I don't know what it is.' Don't leech off them or drain them, but be a sponge every time you are around them. Silence is king. Whenever I am introduced to a new system or new way of doing things I just listen. Who am I to vocally judge what the person is saying...I just take what I can use to get better as an athlete, professional, and person and discard the rest.

Most of you who read this are in this type of 'fraternity' or mindset already. There is an unspoken professionalism that exudes and permeates these organizations ...may it continue on the path.

No comments: